Everybody has a different way they like to make their pasta dough. However you make it, it’s an easy way to bring a little bit of Italy to your home (especially in lockdown!)
• 400g of “00” flour (plain flour is also suitable)
• 5 eggs yolks
• 2 whole eggs
• Pour flour onto a flat surface (i.e. a table or bench) and create a mountain shape with a well in the middle
• Pour your eggs into the well and start to combine the flour and eggs with your hands
• This can get a bit messy but don’t be disheartened! If you keep kneading your dough it will eventually form a nice smooth dough (you shouldn’t need more flour or egg)
• Wrap your pasta dough and let it rest in the fridge for at least 20 minutes
• Once rested you can either roll through a pasta machine or manually roll and cut your pasta into whatever shape you desire!
TIP: When combining your flour and eggs make sure you have a bowl of water for your hands. Having wet hands while combining the mixture will help it along until it forms together!
It’s as simple as that! This is your sign to add these ingredients to your list and make it a pasta weekend xx